Community Manager, U.S.-Mexico Border (Part-time, contract)
NeedsList is an award-winning, mission-driven startup designing new solutions for global crisis response. We started NeedsList in the summer of 2016 as a response to the refugee crisis in Europe, in order to provide grassroots and community-based organizations with a simple tool to communicate their supply, funding, and volunteer needs in real-time. Since then we’ve expanded into 22 countries around the world, giving nonprofits tools to better manage their response to natural disasters and humanitarian crises, and to match corporate and individual resources to underserved communities and organizations around the globe.
As the humanitarian crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border shows little sign of abating, NeedsList is committing additional resources to help local communities communicate, manage, and meet the needs of asylum seekers in the region.
We’re looking for a bilingual (English-Spanish), friendly and energetic person who will develop new partnerships with organizations working with migrants and asylum seekers in the border region of the United States and Mexico. This position will be responsible for building a virtual ecosystem of organizations and community foundations in the border region on our platform. The person in this position should live in Southern Texas, Arizona, or California and be available for travel to all border states on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border as needed.
- Identifying and reaching out to organizations working with migrants and asylum seekers in Texas, Arizona, California and northern Mexico.
- Meeting with community organizations to identify their needs and learning how NeedsList can support them.
- Outreach and meeting with community foundations in the region.
- Onboarding organizations onto the NeedsList platform by training and supporting needs creation.
- Obtaining user feedback, corresponding regularly with local community organizations.
- Handling technical questions for this group of users.
- Assessing the supply, volunteer, and other needs of local nonprofits, helping them to identify future needs.
- Working with our Marketing Manager to communicate the work more broadly.
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and energetic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to respond quickly to rapidly changing needs and priorities
- Familiarity with organizations working at the border
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Comfortable working with tech tools.