Looking to put your sales skills to use for good? We’re looking for a creative, dynamic, energetic Sales Associate to join our award-winning tech startup creating new solutions to crisis response. If you are a business development professional with experience cultivating and closing B2B sales, tons of creative energy, and a belief in the power of technology to tackle large global problems, we want to hear from you. You’ll join our small but mighty team of tech, community and executive talent to help us grow NeedsList’s membership of nonprofit and corporate partners who are committed to transforming disaster relief and humanitarian aid. This is a perfect fit for a sales professional who is inspired to leverage their skills to contribute in a positive way to one of the biggest challenges of our time.
- Develop process and strategy for membership onboarding and conversion for mid-sized businesses and nonprofits who want to advertise on NeedsList, become vendors of urgently needed supplies, and/or offer the platform to their employees for effective giving in times of crisis.
- Develop sales materials that have a tailored value proposition for an array of companies.
- Create a pipeline and sales funnel of potential partners and identify appropriate lead within each company.
- Work closely with marketing manager to implement multiple strategies including cold calling, emailing potential partners, tabling at events, etc.
- Secure meetings and do follow-ups with appropriate leads.
- Secure paid contracts.
- Two to three years plus B2B sales experience
- Proven ability to identify and close new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Passionate about our work on refugee issues, humanitarian aid, and disaster relief.
- Experience with Hubspot and/or equivalent CRM.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment, ability to work independently.
- We’re a binational team with headquarters in the US and Toronto, as such, experience with US markets a plus.