Summer Intern: Developer for innovative model of humanitarian aid
If you're studying Computer Science and AI and want to use your skills to make the world a better place, this internship is for you!
NeedsList is a humanitarian aid startup that connects the needs of small grassroots organizations helping displaced people with those who can help. We are developing an online marketplace where supporters can volunteer remotely or purchase supplies for aid organizations. We're creating a new model of humanitarian aid that is transparent, efficient, and direct.
- We are looking for a summer intern to help us implement AI into our platform.
You should be a data geek interested in Natural Language Processing and the potential of chatbots for creating efficiency in disaster relief.
Implementing NLP techniques for text analysis, data structures and modelling classification algorithms
Build Data Pipelines to collect, process, and analyze data from external and internal data sources.
Analyze, organize and tag stored data
- Write robust and testable code in Python
- Write optimized PostgreSQL queries
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with best practices for coding and agile principles
- Not required, but good to know: Google Cloud Services: NLP, DialogFlow, BigQuery, DataFlow,Pub/Sub